Stretching my eggs!


Day 20 of self isolating/social distancing/sheltering in place or whatever the heck you want to call it!  

My last trip to the grocery store (almost 1 week ago) was actually not as bad as I had anticipated.  There were only a small handful of items I could not find.  Eggs just happened to be one of them.  I wasn't completely out - actually had 8 left, but David and I had been eating 1 a day so that meant I had only a mere 4 day supply left.  So... I got creative and decided to try stretching my eggs. I used 2 of them to make a batch of 12 apple cinnamon muffins.  I took another 2 eggs and made a crab meat/zucchini quiche and poured it into 12 muffin tins to stretch it out even further, rather than using a typical pie crust.  I made a cheddar cheese crust (thank you for that recipe Emmy!) that was a bit of a pain to make but totally worth it as it tasted incredibly delicious!  One week later - I still have 6 eggs, 4 muffins and 5 quiche cups left so I'm feeling quite proud of myself, thank you very much!

I've been maintaining my sanity with the help of Zoom, Face Time, Messenger, Kindle, online Mahjongg and You Tube, etc.  I happened to find 2 face masks in the basement, from previous  construction projects, so we've been wearing those when we go for walks.  In spite of conflicting reports on the value of masks, I figure it certainly can't hurt.

I was hoping to be able to finish my first knitting project, a scarf.  Unfortunately, I made a mistake and in the process of trying to fix it, I have made it worse and am now at a standstill.  A neighbor offered to fix it for me, but I feel a little uneasy asking someone to handle my knitting.  It was an incredibly generous offer, and I may be over reacting, but in the grand scheme of things...I decided that knitting is not that big a priority.

Dave and I played some pickleball outside, no net or anything -
just batted the ball back and forth.  It was a warm day
(for Montreal) and it felt great to get some exercise.

When I am not on the computer, I am catching up
on my reading or watching tv, and more often
than not, am surrounded by an audience of cats. 
We pulled out the patio cushions and are ready to sit on the back deck and soak up some sunshine - hurry up Spring!  At least March has finally ended.  Hope you are all managing these changes and finding new ways to connect with yourself and others.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  Sending everyone big virtual hugs! 


Comments

Post a Comment